IPWEA NZ’s Northern Branch encompasses the following regional councils: Northland, Auckland, Waikato, and Bay of Plenty; as well as the area covered by the Ruapehu District Council, and the Taupo District Council. Click to see a map.
Cushla Anich, Director – Morrison Low
Cushla was appointed to the IPWEA NZ Board in June 2019.
Cushla is an experienced infrastructure manager and a chartered professional engineer.
In her role as Director at Consultancy Morrison Low, she provides strategic advice to clients in central and local government sectors in New Zealand and Australia across a diverse range of assets. She enjoys helping clients build their internal asset management capability.
Cushla’s recent experience includes strategic practice reviews, infrastructural health checks, asset management improvement programmes, and procurement advice. She is a recognised strategic manager in the water industry.
E: Cushla Anich
Branch meetings are like free mini-conferences
for people in Asset Management
Upcoming local events
Ideas and suggestions?
If there is a topic you’d like to hear more on or to present on, please contact Cushla Anich Branch Chair on: firstname.lastname@example.org.
These meetings are a free mini-conference!
Share this learning opportunity with younger team members, and let’s build the next generation of public works professionals.
Bring them along to meet new contacts and network, learn from expert speakers, and present at future sessions.
Previous branch meeting presentations
On 11 March 2022 the Northern Branch hosted its first branch meeting for 2022. Whilst the meeting was held online due to COVID-19 regulations, it was a fantastic opportunity to share knowledge and catch up. Thank you to all our presenters, Waikato District Council and everyone who attended. Presentations are available below, as well as a link to the video presentations.
- The need for Infrastructure Adaptation at the Coast, Amon Martin, Thames Coromandel District Council
- IPWEA NZ Update, Cushla Anich, Morrison Low
- Debs Diversity Download, Dr Deb Lind, AECOM
- Phil’s Climate Change Corner, Phil Johansen, Auckland Council
- Inspiring Leadership, Tipa Mahuta, Waikato Regional Councillor
- Huntly Rail Platform Presentation, Reuben Rink, Waikato District Council
- Watercare and Waikato District Council Contract, Keith Martin and Carole Nutt, Waikato District Council
- Digital Asset Management Plans – the new frontier, Rob Ashley, Waikato District Council
There was a great turnout for our industry branch meeting on 3 March 2021. We had to think quick on Sunday morning in response to the Government’s latest lockdown restrictions, so we moved our Tokoroa meeting hosted by South Waikato District Council to an online virtual session by Monday lunchtime.
- South Waikato – Space to Grow – Ben Smit, CE, South Waikato District Council
- Deb’s Diversity Download – Dr Deborah Lind, AECOM
- IPWEA’s new CE – Murray Pugh (by Zoom)
- New freedom camping infrastructure – Shaun Hamilton, GHD
- New Tokoroa Refuse Transfer Station – Ejas Nazar, South Waikato District Council
- Recovering from overflow events Lake Taupo – Ian Gray, WSP
- Tokoroa Wastewater Treatment Plant Upgrade – Paul White, South Waikato DC
- Industry update on Taumata Arowai – Bill Bayfield, Establishment CEO (by Zoom)
No presentations from 2020.