Keeping in touch with people in the Upper South Island
- Date: tbc
- Time: tbc
- Register: tbc
Open to everyone
Our branch meetings are open to everyone, and we encourage IPWEA NZ members to bring colleagues along.
The Upper South Island Branch is the area covered by the Canterbury Regional Council, West Coast Regional Council, Tasman District Council, Nelson City Council and Marlborough District Council, but excluding the area covered by the Waitaki District Council. Click to see a map.
Branch Chairperson: Hugh Blake-Manson
Hugh is Branch Chair for Upper South Island and has invested 25 years in the Three Waters and rivers sectors across New Zealand.
Working in local government and internationally with a focus on water sustainability, strategic and operations asset management has resulted in a deeper understanding of the challenges, issues and demands faced across this vital sector. He is currently undertaking Masters research into technologies that can support the social and economic outcomes in delivering safe water that the Water Services Act and regulation will bring sharper focus to.
Branch meetings are like free mini-conferences
for people in Asset Management
Upcoming local events
Ideas and suggestions?
If there is a topic you’d like to hear more on or to present on, please contact the branch Chair with your ideas.
The benefits of staying connected with other professionals who are active in our industry are huge. Our busy workloads can sometimes leave us feeling isolated. Branch meetings are a great way to connect, be inspired, discuss difficulties and learn solutions – for free! They are designed to expose us to new ideas, reinforce a sense of community in public works, and re-energise us for the task ahead!
Emerging IPWEA – we strongly encourage you to extend this learning opportunity to your younger team members.
Together we can build the next generation of public works professionals.
These meetings are a free mini-conference!
Share this learning opportunity with younger team members, and let’s build the next generation of public works professionals.
Bring them along to meet new contacts and network, learn from expert speakers, and present at future sessions.
Previous branch meeting presentations
2 July 2021
- Location: Rangiora Town Hall
- Theme: The only constant in change
- Agenda 2 July 2021
Friday 16th April 2021
- Teresa Wooding – Water Reform Canterbury
- Richard McMillan – Water – Taumata Arowai
- Grant Holland – Transport AM in the desert – world bank project in Saudi Arabia
- Brett King – Health & Safety and the Why
Friday 21st February 2020
- Agenda 21 February 2020
- Chair Presentation – 2020
- Wastewater 1-1 Some Tools in the Toolbox – Graeme Fox, Jeff Cuthbertson – 2020
- Addressing H&S Issues, Takaka Resource Recovery Centre – David Stephenson, Graham Poxon – 2020
- Dealing with Growth, Richmond West Development – Dwayne Fletcher, Dugald Ley – 2020
- Managing Emergency Work in Today’s risk averse environment – Brian McManus, Jamie McPherson – 2020
- Building Cycle Infrastructure for AAA (All Ages & Abilities) – Peter Kortegast, WSP – 2020