AM 304 will help you develop an understanding of the importance and function of the strategic aspects of asset management, including the areas needed to put together an Asset Management Strategy or Strategic Asset Management Plan.
This course builds on the information introduced in AM 202 – Understanding Requirements.
The course materials are based on the authoritative resources International Infrastructure Management Manual (IIMM)
and ISO 55000 suite of Standards.
The learning objectives for AM 304 are to understand the scope and elements of Asset Management Strategy to a core level of maturity, including the following:
- Define the scope of an Asset Management System
- Identify stakeholders and their requirements
- Identify risks and opportunities
- Define asset management objectives
- Identify investment needs and constraints
- Define an asset management performance framework
- Define the planned approach to procurement
On completion, learners are awarded a digital badge which can be saved and shared.
This course is a collaboration between IPWEA NZ and WSP.
Who should attend
Those in, or who aspire to, strategic asset management roles.
Typical attendees include
- Project managers
- Strategy staff
- Text, images, video
- Formative assessment
- Case studies
- Summative assessment
This course will increase your understanding of strategic aspects of asset management.
- Organisational context
- Asset Management System
- Stakeholder requirements
- Asset Management Objectives
- Investment needs and constraints
- Risks and opportunities
Recommended prior learning or equivalent experience
- An understanding of the content of the following badges: AM 101, AM 202, AM 203 and AM 204.