Practice Note 10.1: Parks Management
About Practice Note 10.1
This Parks Management Practice Note provides practical advice and guidance to assist parks management practitioners in the application of asset management practices. It uses parks terminology and parks examples to translate the typical engineering focused asset management approach to the parks environment.
It includes an update and replacement of the original “PRAMS” condition grading guideline, providing specific descriptions of how to assess a range of common park assets.
It includes information to assist in the following tasks:
- Design of asset inventories
- Asset information collection and upkeep
- Assessment of condition and remaining life
- Use of performance assessment to compliment or use as an alternative to condition
- The relationship of levels of service to condition and performance
- Dealing with green and natural assets
The aim is to foster best practice and a national approach to encourage consistency of management practices, data collection and asset management outcomes.
It is intended that these Guidelines be applicable for:
- Local government parks departments
- State government parks agencies
- Public utility agencies
- Trusts and other organisations responsible for managing publicly accessible parks open space.